Using the Derma Roller, tiny needles penetrate the skins surface stimulating the production of collagen reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scars.
About Micro Derma Needling
Micro Derma Needling is a minimally invasive treatment that employs very small needles that mechanically perforate the outer layers of the skin. This creates a controlled injury underneath the skin’s surface, thereby inducing the body to respond by producing more collagen in the treated area. The skin plumps and thickens in response to the stimulus, reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks, and fine lines. Micro-needling has been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles, stretch marks, scarring (acne, burn, surgical), and hyperpigmentation.
- Skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation
- Improves acne scars and wound healing
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimizes pore size
- Improves stretch marks
- Treats and improves alopecia
Injury = Inflammation = Growth Factor = Emission = Collagen Elastin Synthesis
What does it feel like?
Patients describe the sensation of micro-needling similar to little pin pricks. Your provider will apply a topical numbing cream to decrease any discomfort. The depth of the needle that your provider uses also determines the level of sensitivity.
How many treatments will I need?
A series of 3-6 treatments is recommended depending on the area and condition we are treating. When you book a series of 3/6 treatments with EvelineCharles, you receive 20% off.
Timeline Time Skin Changes
- Day 1-2 : Erythema and mild swelling subsides.
- Day 2- 7 : Increased exfoliation and dryness.
- 1 week : Improvement in texture and tone.
- 3 weeks : Improvement in pigmentation begins.
- 6 weeks : Improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, scars begin.
What to Expect after your treatment:
- Immediate pinpoint bleeding will occur, which will resolve within 10 minutes.
- Minor redness and swelling will occur for 1-2 days.
- Minor peeling and flakiness will occur after a few days. Do not pick at the loose skin.
- The initial 72 hours post-procedure are the most critical, avoid direct sun and heat. This includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for a long period of time, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace, etc.
- Discontinue use of any Alpha-Hydroxy products. You may resume your homecare regimen when skin is no longer flaking and peeling.
- Use hydrating and reparative products. Proderm POST TX 2 immediately after TX. And Hydrogel a few days after, with vit. C serum and sun block for day. Product needs to be rich in soothing and healing ingredients. These are best to encourage new healthy cell growth. Peptides, antioxidants, stem cells, vitamins A, C and E, and growth factors work very well.
- Use physical sunscreen. Sun care products should be applied no less than every 30 to 90 minutes. Do NOT go outside without sun protection (even on a cloudy day).
- No scratching or peeling.
- Limit exercise the first week.
- Drink plenty of water.