ITEC is an international examination board, operating in over 38 countries worldwide offering a variety of qualifications
ITEC qualifications are the best way to start your career in the beauty, complementary and sports industries. Recognised in over 38 countries worldwide; an ITEC qualification will help you wherever you choose to work. www.itecworld.co.uk/
An ITEC qualification proves you have:
- full knowledge and understanding of the subject.
- the highest level of practical skills.
- certainty that you are a professional therapist able to work internationally.
- Registers and inspects colleges delivering ITEC programmes.
- Requires rigorous standards for training.
- Provides an independent examination system that tests your underpinning knowledge and skills giving you the confidence to work as a professional therapist.
ITEC Graduates work:
- As salon/clinic owners or as visiting therapists.
- In spas, clinics, salons and health farms.
- In the Health Service.
- At sports centres, clubs and leisure centres.
- On cruise liners.
- Self Employment.
ITEC is an international examination board offering a variety of qualifications worldwide.
ITEC provides over 35 qualifications that are UK government accredited by the Office of the Qualifications and Examination Regulator (OFQUAL), on behalf of the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS), and are registered on the National Qualifications Framework in the UK. These ITEC qualifications attract funding from the Learning and Skills Council.
ITEC qualifications are supported by industry and are easily transportable nationally and internationally.
ITEC has ensured that best practice in the work place has been reflected in the syllabus for each qualification and each has been linked to the relevant job role, as well as ensuring that the syllabus reflects the required level of knowledge and skill needed for a practicing therapist.
The History Of ITEC
Dr William Arnould-Taylor founded the company in 1947. In 1973 it became known as ITEC. Jane Foulston (formerly a lecturer and International ITEC Examiner) took over as Director in 1998.
Jane has continued to develop the ITEC examination system which sets the highest standards of quality and education in the beauty, complementary and sports sectors. ITEC has strong links with employers worldwide who understand the level of knowledge and skills achieved by an ITEC qualified therapist.